At Riverview Behavioral Health, we have a responsibility to provide a safe environment for both our patients and our staff. For this reason, there are certain items that cannot be allowed on our inpatient units, and we respectfully ask that you leave those at home.
Conversely, there are a number of items that we encourage you to bring in order to promote a more comfortable stay during your time with us.
A list of both acceptable and unacceptable items are listed below. As with all elements of your stay here at Riverview Behavioral Health, our staff is available to assist you with this process. If there are items that you are unsure about, please do not hesitate to ask a member of our staff and he or she will be glad to help you determine whether or not it is an acceptable item.
Items You Can Bring
(Note: Any string or rope-like materials are prohibited.)
5 sets of clothing
- Pants without belts or drawstrings that are not too tight
- Shirts/tops without hoods that are not revealing and do not have an inappropriate slogan of any kind
- Shoes that do not require shoestrings – No boots
- At least one jacket during cooler weather without a hood or anything that could be used for self-harm
- Underwear – no thongs
- Bras without underwire
- Grooming items such as toothbrush, comb, brush, toothpaste
- Hygiene products that are not in glass containers or aerosol cans and do not contain alcohol
NOTE: Meals, medications, snacks, paper, and writing utensils are all provided by the facility. If you or your child has allergies, please let us know so that we can accommodate your needs.
Please note that items not included in this list could be considered contraband and may not be allowed in the building. If you have questions about any items not listed, please contact us at 870-772-5028 and make an inquiry on what is not allowed.
Items You Can't Bring
(Note: Any items with sharp points are prohibited.)
- Shoes with shoelaces
- Belts of any kind
- Spiked heels or boots
- Steel-toed shoes or boots
- Shoes or boots with metal tips, etc.
- Stuffed animals
- Fingernail files
- Nail clippers
- Needles or pins
- Aerosol spray cans
- Paracord bracelets or necklaces
- Hair dryers
- Curling irons
- Musical instruments
- Any electrical equipment or equipment with cords
- Laptops / computer equipment / tablets
- Radios / CDs / DVDs / MP3 players
- Tape recorders / cameras / video cameras
- Glass objects, such as mirrors
- Alcohol-based cleaners or toiletry items (e.g. mouthwash, astringent, etc.)
- Cigarettes / cigars
- Lighters / matches
- Drug paraphernalia
- Cell phone
- Car keys
- Firearms and/or ammunition
Not Sure About Something?
Furthermore, it is highly encouraged that all jewelry be left at home, and all body piercings must be removed before admissions into programming.
Again, if you have any questions regarding items that are allowed at Riverview and those that are not, please do not hesitate to reach out to a staff member for clarification.